Entrepreneurship: a word that is so commonly used nowadays is a growing trend in today’s world. Nowadays, ask people what they want to become; their reply – an entrepreneur. Well, that’s not discouraging by any means, but if everyone becomes an entrepreneur, who’ll work as an employee?
Hence, it is not everyone’s cup of tea. It is the process of designing, launching and running a new business, which is often initially small. You need to take on financial risks in the hope of profit, and if you aren’t willing to do so, I don’t think you can exactly call yourself one. But, if you’re a budding enthusiast and want to learn more about it, there’s an event for you!
The SRM Innovation and Incubation Cell (SIIC) is conducting a Bootcamp on the Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship (BMOE). This Bootcamp is targeted towards students, faculties and any other early-stage entrepreneur, who thinks he/she should learn the basics before setting their feet on this field.
What is the Bootcamp about?
This is an entrepreneurship Bootcamp where early-stage start-up’s and student entrepreneurs get exposure to the start-up journey tools which help them define their problem statements, derive realistic solutions, develop a business plan, marketing strategy, customer persona, investment pitch and many more which can help them to efficiently run their start-up. It is a process-driven to help them evaluate their ideas, explore new ones and present them to their target audience. It will help you develop an entrepreneurial mindset. You won’t be needing any prerequisite knowledge to attend it.
The main objective of the Bootcamp is to:
- Expose the participants to the basics of setting up a Start-up
- Importance of Mindset
- Networking and team-building
- Enable the participant to navigate through various stages of Start-up through Journey based experiences and practical training.
The Bootcamp will be conducted for four days: 13-16 September 2019. The following is a gist of the topics which will be discussed during the period:
- meeting others
- focusing on idea generation and team formation
- Focus on Mindset
- Learn concept about team
- customer-focused product design
- promoting your products/services
- innovation in developing business models.
- Concepts of business design
- getting to market
- resources and funding
- Intro to Venture
- Elevator Pitch
- Pearls of Wisdom Panel
- Practice Presentations
- Round 1 of Final Presentations
What can you expect to learn from this Bootcamp?
It will help you define your problem statements, derive realistic solutions, develop a business plan, marketing strategy, customer persona, investment pitch amongst others. In short, it will help you develop an entrepreneurial mindset.
The speakers include a plethora of serial entrepreneurs and founders spanning a wide spectrum of skills, services and audiences, which include:
- Ikhlaq Sidhu – Founder SCET, UC Berkeley
- Shubhangi Bhagwat – Delivery Excellence Head for IBM Alliance at PERSISTENT SYSTEMS Ltd
- Siva Ramamoorthy – Head India Operations, Ephicacy Lifescience Analytics
- Vishnu Prasad – M D, Founder, and CEO at NXTACT Brand Media
- Mayur Sethi – Serial Entrepreneur, StartUp Ecosystem Catalyst, Awarded 50 under 50 Marketing Professional
AND, Yes! Certificates will be provided to all the candidates attending the event. There’s a lot more on offer: If your idea is good, you’ll be provided funding up to 2.5 Lakh.
What are you waiting for? You can register yourself via the link: SIIC Form
Check out the official poster: SIIC poster
The official SIIC Site: https://www.srmiic.com/index.php
The official SCET Site: https://scet.berkeley.edu/